Friday, March 28, 2008

The Vision

So it all began at a youth conference I did in Virginia. Some friends who knew me too well encouraged me to travel home with a huge container of cheeseballs. Remembering that airlines no longer serve pretzels or peanuts, I decided to bring my own snack. As I walked through the airport (alone) carrying the huge cheeseball container, I was delighted to see how many smiles appeared as my cheeseballs and I walked by. I ended up having conversations I never would have had had it not been for my cheeseballs. I even got announced on the intercom several times on the plane as "The Cheeseball Lady" who was handing out snacks in 9D.

Stuck in Chicago, Ohare airport for 5 hours, I ended up making a lot of friends because of my cheeseballs. No one wanted to eat them, though I offered, but everyone was interested in chatting about them. There were so many cheeseball induced conversations and I really started to grow fond of this cumbersome burden.

After relaying my cheeseball airport adventure to some friends, and seeing how laughter and smiles were spread to even them as listeners, I decided that the airport adventure could not be the end. Oh no, it was only the beginning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Molly this is great, I love your Blog, Great job, Continue sharing, that's an awesome way you have been lead to share.